1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Can hardly hear callers thru ear piece.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Rcecarbldr, Apr 10, 2010.

1. Rcecarbldr

Rcecarbldr Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    Has anyone else had this issue. I can barely hear whoever i'm talking too on my phone even if the volume is all the way up. If I switch to speaker I can hear them fine but the ear piece seems to be not working properly. If I put on my bluetooth and use it I can hear perfectly also.

Advertisement

2. centauress

centauress Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Work
    On land, duh...
    Nope. I linked all volumes when I first got mine and haven't encountered any problem; holding it to my head is just as loud to me as using the speakerphone or any headset.

It might be a PHYSICAL defect in your phone, or you might need to LINK VOLUME CONTROLS to assure headset volume is always topped out. Try the volume setting first.

3. Rcecarbldr

Mar 21, 2010
    Well I had my wife take it into the Sprint store this morning because I can hardly hear anyone with it thru the earpiece yet the external speaker is fine. The dust behind the screen was also a pain in the a**. She just called and said it looks like they will be issuing me a new phone. Not too happy with these Hero phones. Got my wife a Samsung Moment a few days ago and I'm beginning to like it more and more.

4. Wiskid

Wiskid Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2009
    Network Engineer
    Madison, Wi
    You might be deaf, my friend.

lol, jk. I have ran into this occasionally, but it's usually when I'm in the car. I always thought it was normal just because I was in the car, and it was loud in there lol. Maybe there's something else to it?!

5. Rcecarbldr

Mar 21, 2010
    Well, turns out the phones earpiece speaker is somehow damaged or broken so I'm getting a new phone this afternoon when their UPS delivery arrives with more inventory.

6. muse2

muse2 New Member

May 26, 2010
    wishing i do not need a job
    in a house due for major renovation
    I had this problem for some time, and I have followed all advice found on the net including plugging the headphones in and out multiple times during a call, cleaning the headphone jack and blowing air into it. I even wiped and re-installed rom. In the end, the thing that worked for me was this: dialed to my friend's mobile number (and make sure he doesn't pick it up!) [at this stage, no sound coming through the earpiece, but can hear through speakerphone] whilst in-call, navigate to music app & play music [put volume to max] for a few seconds, then stop the music. The phone sounds in the earpiece miraculously came back. And so far it has not happened again.

Tags: