1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Can HTC Sync Synch my Outlook 2007 Contacts?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by carlsea, Aug 7, 2010.

1. carlsea

carlsea New Member

Aug 7, 2010
    I have a new myTouch 3G Slide. I installed HTC Sync from htc's website. It is version 2.0.35 which is the latest version on the htc website.

I would like to synch my contacts from Outlook 2007 SP2. However when I go to settings in the HTC Sync manager, I am only given the option to synchronize Contacts with Outlook Express (Windows Address Book).

Do I need to install something else to get my Outlook contacts over to the myTouch Slide? Or are there some workarounds like using a CSV file, or even loading them from Gmail/google accounts (but I don't really want to run this Gmail account on the phone, I have a POP3 primary email on a different domain)

Advertisement

2. erb0817

erb0817 Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    The easiest way I can think is to make a CSV file of your contacts. Then sign into your gmail on the computer and import the contacts. There may be other ways, but that's how I would do it.

3. carlsea

carlsea New Member

Aug 7, 2010
    I figured I might have to do that. All the documentation says that it works with Outlook and Outlook Express, but that's not true. I guess it's too much to hope that Google and Microsoft would smoothly interoperate.