• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can HTC Sync Synch my Outlook 2007 Contacts?

carlsea

Lurker
Aug 7, 2010
I have a new myTouch 3G Slide. I installed HTC Sync from htc's website. It is version 2.0.35 which is the latest version on the htc website.

I would like to synch my contacts from Outlook 2007 SP2. However when I go to settings in the HTC Sync manager, I am only given the option to synchronize Contacts with Outlook Express (Windows Address Book).

Do I need to install something else to get my Outlook contacts over to the myTouch Slide? Or are there some workarounds like using a CSV file, or even loading them from Gmail/google accounts (but I don't really want to run this Gmail account on the phone, I have a POP3 primary email on a different domain)

The easiest way I can think is to make a CSV file of your contacts. Then sign into your gmail on the computer and import the contacts. There may be other ways, but that's how I would do it.

I figured I might have to do that. All the documentation says that it works with Outlook and Outlook Express, but that's not true. I guess it's too much to hope that Google and Microsoft would smoothly interoperate.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones