• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can I cancel my Sprint online order and get the Photon locally?

ScrapMaker

Aug 3, 2010
I still haven't received my phone, so it seems I should be able to cancel it right? Status shows it is still in the warehouse and is being processed before being shipped out.

I wonder what the availibility will be of this phone locally... It surely doesn't have the same demand that the Evo 4G or Evo 3D did at launch.

I still haven't received my phone, so it seems I should be able to cancel it right? Status shows it is still in the warehouse and is being processed before being shipped out.

I wonder what the availability will be of this phone locally... It surely doesn't have the same demand that the Evo 4G or Evo 3D did at launch.

I seen in other forums that while it still shows that's its processing it could of been delivered depends when you ordered the phone cause if it was like on Friday after a certain time then it won't get shipped till Monday...still don't hurt to call and see if you can cancel.

Upvote 0
well its Monday did you get it. My sister in law ordered on Friday and got hers' today.

TS

I think he must have gotten his TS as he is the one who started the " screen door effect" thread for pentile display.

It's kind of strange though as yesterday is Sunday so there should be no deliveries. Maybe he borrow someone else phone to review or maybe he review it at the Sprint store.

Upvote 0
I actually ended up buying one at Best Buy yesterday... Returned it and got the Evo 3D. While I was at work today, the original order for the Photon showed up. I had already called Sprint to see what I should do, and they said I can take the package to a Sprint store and pay no return fee.

Upvote 0
I only had the Photon for about 4 hours, but in that timeframe it did seem to get better battery life than the Evo 3D. I was able to get it down to 50% battery in about an hour of playing with it, setting it up, unplugged. The Evo 3D I could probably get down to 35-40% in an hour. It tends to get real hot too.

I wonder if I can somehow swap out the speaker for something that isn't god-awful... I mean the speaker really is easily the worst I've ever had on any phone I've ever owned... both smart and normal. Guess that's a sacrifice to be able to use the screen though :(

Upvote 0
I definitely need a loud speaker as I watch/listen to tv (sports) on my phone on the weekend on a boat. I also need good battery life too as I run through 4 batteries when on the boat with my old EVO. Did you get a chance to compare battery life between the two (Photon vs EVO 3D)?

You should consider getting an external 12v battery for your boat trip... either get a "jump start" pack or grab one of the 12v 38-aH batteries from Radio Shack (it looks like a 1/4 size car battery.)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones