1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Can I change motoblur account main email?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by brawndo, Jun 3, 2011.

1. brawndo

brawndo Member
    None

Feb 28, 2011
    I only see the option to change the password for the motoblur account. I also can't figure out how to change the gmail account it says I have to factory reset. I'm assuming I have to just factory reset but I have so much stuff on my phone how do I sync it so I don't have to actually redownload it all aggain?

Advertisement

2. james27007

james27007 Look into my Eye

Mar 6, 2010
    Male
    Travel and teaching for tech and automotive
    Riverside, CA
    Unfortunately to reset the gmail or motoblur accouts you have to do a factory reset :( it is a anti theft thing so if someone gets your phone, they cannot keep your stuff and use their accounts.

If you want to backup your stuff and are not rooted, there is an app called applistbackup that will create a clickable list of your apps downloaded from market. Itwill not backup the app data, but at least you will know what apps you had. To backup txt messages use an app called smsbackup, works great.

If you are rooted, to backup your apps and their data, use titanium backup, works great, just do not backup system apps as that gets messy trying to restore them. And also use smsbackup for text messages.

3. brawndo

brawndo Member
    None

Feb 28, 2011
    Thanks james I figured it was a security issue...I guess I need to figure out how to root my phone cuz I'd like the keep my data and stuff haha....I'm just worried I'll ruin my phone XD

4. james27007

james27007 Look into my Eye

Mar 6, 2010
    Male
    Travel and teaching for tech and automotive
    Riverside, CA
    You are welcome, annoying isn't it. Anyways, Take a look in the root section here for a link Gingerbreak, it will automatically root it for you. It is the sticky at the top of the section. Just make sure to backup both sdcards