• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can i change my ip from uk to usa to use google tv as american ?

In THEORY, you could use an american proxy which fools servers to thinking that your request is originating from the US. It works by channeling traffic THROUGH the proxy, so I don't know if it would work well for streaming. Google may have also blocked specific proxy servers, but you'd probably have to set the proxy up on the router (not the device) for it to work properly.

PS- I DON'T have a GoogleTV product.

Upvote 0
The UK will be probably the next available release, China might be never the way the Great Firewall is. Speed from a VPN will depend on the service you use. There are some good VPNs out there offer decent bandwidth but many of these come with a price. It will probably also require setting up another box to the routing, something like a Squid Proxy comes to mind. The plus to using a proxy is that you can cache more static images decreasing the amount of data that has to load for most sites.

When a friend of mine was in the Military he used StrongVPN.com is VPN service, offers security and anonymity for personal use Said it seemed to work OK for streaming.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones