• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can I change the 4 home screen shortcuts?

Do you know if this can be done on the Samsung Galaxy S2? I can't seem to do it. If I (long) press on the Contact shortcut I don't get any options. Am I missing something?

Go into the app drawer then press menu, edit then if you hold the contact shortcut you will be able to move it into the app drawer and change it for something else.

Reactions: blesdnfayvrd
Upvote 0
A lot of people been dishing the stock launcher but I think its actually quite good. Its very lean, no noticeable lag, very little power consumption and stable. Also the drawer is still the best.

But I used go launcher :D

Its a trade off, all benefits from stock launcher versus the customization that can be had with non-stock launchers. I can have more dock icons, more columns and rows for the screens, themes etc. It does take up more juice with some lag with the settings I am using.

Anyway, its preference. And can always switch back after changing.

Upvote 0
Go Launcher drains my battery in about 2-4 hours on standby. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. Go Launcher nor ADWLauncher have even been updated in many months.

The Touchwiz launcher seems to give better functionality and it looks a lot better look. Love having all of my apps in folders in the App Tray.

SC20111105-044833.png

Upvote 0
I know go launcher drains battery but 4 hours in standby? Something is wrong. Most of the time I get say 2% of the battery usage max if doing something with it like playing around with the settings. After that, it will drop off. Getting a full day of moderate usage still, and that using 2.3.3

Really not that bad.

Yep. I've tried using it a few times. I tried it when I had 2.3.3, 2.3.4 and now on 2.3.5. It just drains the battery like no ones business.

Upvote 0
Yes you can do that. I changed one of mine for a facebook shortcut. Just click on the Applications icon and then click 'Menu' and then Edit.

Hi, I'm using ChompSMS as well, and I've been able to replace the messagning shortcut with the Chomp shortcut in the bottom launcher. But what I would really like to do is to put the ChompSMS Widget in the bottom launcher, cause that Widget shows me how many unread SMS I have.

The probleme is I can only put the Widget in one of the 7 Home pages, but not in the bottom launcher nor the applications listing pages.

Does anybody know how we can add widgets in the bottom launcher instead of application's icons ???

Thank you very much !

Upvote 0
Hi, I'm using ChompSMS as well, and I've been able to replace the messagning shortcut with the Chomp shortcut in the bottom launcher. But what I would really like to do is to put the ChompSMS Widget in the bottom launcher, cause that Widget shows me how many unread SMS I have.

The probleme is I can only put the Widget in one of the 7 Home pages, but not in the bottom launcher nor the applications listing pages.

Does anybody know how we can add widgets in the bottom launcher instead of application's icons ???

Thank you very much !

I think you can as long as the widget size is 1x1 and the launcher allows it. I placed the 3G watchdog pro widget in the go launcher dock before.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones