• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can i change the latest update that forced accepting permissions on numerous apps?

Are21

Sep 7, 2014
Can i change the latest update that forced accepting permissions on numerous apps? Bixby now wants literally every piece of my phone and i don't even use it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200201-124958_Permission controller.jpg
    Screenshot_20200201-124958_Permission controller.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 359
Can i change the latest update that forced accepting permissions on numerous apps? Bixby now wants literally every piece of my phone and i don't even use it.
your picture shows samsung dex which is a pretty cool thing that i use from time to time. you can always try and flash an earlier firmware, but you will need to use odin on your pc to flash it.....and also you have to get the right firmware that is made specifically for your device.

go here and search for your device and firmware:
https://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/

.....again make sure that you confirm you are downloading the correct firmware. the wrong firmware may soft brick your phone. so be careful.

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
Can you not just deny that access? Yes, I know it says that the device needs that to function, but I guarantee that it means it needs it for that app to function, so if you don't use Dex I doubt you'll notice. Mind you if you don't use it it also isn't likely to matter what permissions it has (this isn't Facebook or something like that).

Upvote 0
Can you not just deny that access? Yes, I know it says that the device needs that to function, but I guarantee that it means it needs it for that app to function, so if you don't use Dex I doubt you'll notice. Mind you if you don't use it it also isn't likely to matter what permissions it has (this isn't Facebook or something like that).
So the DEX was possibly a bad example because it's for almost everything. Bixby is the main thing that bothers me. There is no option of denying anymore, the selection stays inactive and it says it needs 'permission' for me to deny the permission?!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones