1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Can i change the latest update that forced accepting permissions on numerous apps?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Are21, Feb 2, 2020.

1. Are21

Are21 Newbie

Can i change the latest update that forced accepting permissions on numerous apps? Bixby now wants literally every piece of my phone and i don't even use it.

Attached Files:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

your picture shows samsung dex which is a pretty cool thing that i use from time to time. you can always try and flash an earlier firmware, but you will need to use odin on your pc to flash it.....and also you have to get the right firmware that is made specifically for your device.

go here and search for your device and firmware:
    https://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/

.....again make sure that you confirm you are downloading the correct firmware. the wrong firmware may soft brick your phone. so be careful.

Dannydet likes this.
  3. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Can you not just deny that access? Yes, I know it says that the device needs that to function, but I guarantee that it means it needs it for that app to function, so if you don't use Dex I doubt you'll notice. Mind you if you don't use it it also isn't likely to matter what permissions it has (this isn't Facebook or something like that).

puppykickr, ocnbrze and Dannydet like this.
  4. Are21

Are21 Newbie

So the DEX was possibly a bad example because it's for almost everything. Bixby is the main thing that bothers me. There is no option of denying anymore, the selection stays inactive and it says it needs 'permission' for me to deny the permission?!

Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus release date was March 2019. Features and Specs include a 6.4" inch screen, 16MP camera, 8/12GB RAM, Exynos 9820 processor, and 4100mAh battery.

March 2019
Release Date
Reviews