• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can I change the refresh rate on the A50 ?

I shouldn't think so. Some phones with a 90hz refresh rate appeared in early 2019, around the time the A50 was released. Apparently the Razer Phone had a 120 hz screen in late 2017.

The specifications of the A50 definitely preclude a high refresh rate. I would think the screen and hardware need to be so equipped. Expansion needed.

Interestingly, though I guess not surprisingly, a high refresh rate means the number of times in a second that a display hardware updates its buffer; so is not the same as a high frame rate which counts the number of times a display is "drawn" (my word).
Makes sense that a long page is loaded quicker than a 60 hz phone, enabling very fast scrolling. Someone can correct me on this.

No the A series was not so equipped in 2019 and there's no software update option.

https://m.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_a50-9554.php

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones