• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Can I completely erase my SD card and will my eris still be ok??

NPH-

Jan 29, 2010
Texas
Can I completely erase all the contents on my SD card?

If so, will my Eris still run properly?

I have installed sooooooo many apps in the past and each one leaves its own feces on my sd card and Im not quite sure what I need and what I don't need.

Program feces sucks, and I'm ready for a clean SD.

Can I completely erase all the contents on my SD card?

If so, will my Eris still run properly?

I have installed sooooooo many apps in the past and each one leaves its own feces on my sd card and Im not quite sure what I need and what I don't need.

Program feces sucks, and I'm ready for a clean SD.

If you're afraid of screwing up by deleting your sd card, I would recommend copying (or cutting and pasting) the contents of the card to your computer, a flash key drive, or an external hard drive.

This way if any of your programs do not work as expected after you delete your card you can restore the contents one at a time until you have solved any problem.

Upvote 0
I agree with Swizz. The phone will run without an SD card at, so erasing/reformatting the card will not harm the phone.
You may (probably will) lose some data for some apps.
If you're currently using apps2sd then the apps that are on the card will quit working.
Those things can be fixed.
If you really want to go into full feces cleaning mode, you could do a factory reset and then erase the card. At that point you're phone is as feces-free as it's going to get.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones