• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help can i customize ringtones?

putney1477

Nov 28, 2010
Can you have a ringtone for certain people in you're address book? For example one for my husband and another for my mom? I have music on my music player app but I can't find where I add it on the contacts.

Is there a way to delete some of the programs that came with the phone? Like the ones I know I will never use. I know from my home screen I can drag them to the trash but that doesn't delete them from the applications screens.

Thanks in advance
Heather

Can you have a ringtone for certain people in you're address book? For example one for my husband and another for my mom? I have music on my music player app but I can't find where I add it on the contacts.

Is there a way to delete some of the programs that came with the phone? Like the ones I know I will never use. I know from my home screen I can drag them to the trash but that doesn't delete them from the applications screens.

Thanks in advance
Heather

There is an app called ringtone thats free in the market that you can download ringtones and set them for specific people. As for removing bloatware you can't without rooting.

Upvote 0
You can set ringtones to certain contacts by going into the music player and holding down (long press) on the track name until it gives you the options menu and in there will be Set As. Under that will be a listing for Caller Ringtone.

As was said above, you can't set a ringtone for a gmail or non phone stored contact. The way around this... is to make a phone contact with the same name as the gmail or other contact (you don't need to fill anything else in for the "dummy contact") and then set the ringtone you want to that contact. Go back to the edit page for one of the same named contacts and link the two. The ringtone setting will carry over.

Word of advice, don't try to set a song as a notification ringtone. It won't play just a couple seconds, it'll play the entire song before stopping.
Edit what you need with Audacity or similar programs.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones