1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Can I delete folders on Alcatel's storage that are identical to those on the phone's SD card?

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by admanmavo, Jun 26, 2016.

1. admanmavo

admanmavo Lurker
    None

Jun 26, 2016
    Male
    I'd like to open more room on my Alcatel Smartphone (One-Touch Pop Icon). Almost all the phone's available space is now being used. Earlier, I moved all the photos, videos and music files that had been on the phone to the SD card, but I'd like to transfer more and give my phone's storage a larger "cushion." Unfortunately, the phone's operating system -- I believe it's Android 4.2, but I could be wrong -- doesn't allow apps on the phone to be moved to the card. (There is no item on the phone's Setting that permits apps to be transferred to the SD card.)

However, I looked at the infrastructure of the phone and the card and found both had a directory titled "Android," and in that directory were 15 sub-directories that appear to be identical to each other -- such as those whose names begin with "com.amazon...," "com.google.android....," com. lenovo....," "com.tracfone," "com.jrd.com.android....," and "com.dianxinos..."

My question: can I delete those 15 sub-directories that are on my phone's storage -- but since I'd leave them on my SD card would those functions continue to work?

Thanks.

Advertisement