1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Can I Delete the 6.0 download (VM)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by MassPaul, Jun 3, 2016.

1. MassPaul

MassPaul Newbie
    None

Aug 8, 2012
    Male
    Hello All,

I have two VM LG STylo's (mine and my wifes). I do not wish to update my wife's phone to 6.0. Unfortunately, she had downloaded the update, but luvkily did not install it. Is there a way to delete this download? I have been unable to locate the file anywhere on the phone. I have tried searching using ES File Explorer as well as connecting via USB on my computer.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Advertisement

2. Father Guido

Father Guido Android Enthusiast

Aug 24, 2015
    Male
    Electrician
    SE Michigan
    These usually get downloaded to /cache and are (normally) named "update.zip." You need root access to rename/copy/remove it.

NeoZiggy, jmacie and Blu8 like this.
  3. viperdink

viperdink Android Expert

Dec 18, 2011
    Male
    Retired
    USA
    wiping the /data and /cache partition, sometimes even the storage partition where things like your music, photos, etc are saved (usually on stock recovery). The data partition contains apps you downloaded from the app store and settings you've done to the phone (eg ringtone, message tone, display brightness, volume, etc). When this is cleared it basically resets the OS to fresh. The cache partition is basically the most accessed data in a "compressed" form that allows the phone to access that data faster, but sometimes after an update that certain cache becomes outdated and may cause conflict with the newer data, which is why wiping the cache can sometimes solve an issue you have. The system partition contains the actual OS, stock recoveries will usually never wipe this.

#3 viperdink, Jun 4, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2016
  4. NeoZiggy

NeoZiggy Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 26, 2011
    Male
    Overnight Slacker
    San Antonio, TX
    The problem is even if you delete them they will redownload astronomically consuming your data. There is an app called FotaKill that kills the over-the-air updates. I've used it on previous LGs without a prob. Search this site or xda-dev. I believe root is required.

EDIT: redownload automatically.... but astronomically works too :]

jmacie likes this.
Tags: