1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Can I do a Factory Reset while Rooted?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Groovey252, Aug 8, 2012.

1. Groovey252

Groovey252 Lurker

Currently I have a rooted Maxx with Gingerbread. I do not want ICS right now b/c of all the problems I have read about, especially the battery. But I want to do a factory reset. Will that cause problems for me since I am rooted? I have Titanium Backup. Does TB send my backups directly to my SD card? Should I unmount my SD before the reset?

Thanks,

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Szadzik

Szadzik Extreme Android User

You can do a reset and nothing will be lost. Neither the internal memory nor the SD card will be touched.

3. doniago

doniago Android Enthusiast

FDR also won't affect root, which is nice.

4. arparaspolo

arparaspolo Android Enthusiast

Root can only be undone by physically unrooting. You cannot unroot by the FDR.

5. lmarsh21

lmarsh21 Newbie

I was wondering the same thing. I want to do a FDR to see if it improves my battery life on ICS.

6. doniago

doniago Android Enthusiast

It seems to have improved mine, though I also installed a ROM yesterday after doing the FDR a day earlier.

7. lmarsh21

lmarsh21 Newbie

Today I took my phone off the charger at 6:30, by 10 I was down to 29% by streaming some music, one phone call and sending some texts. Doesn't seem right to me.

8. Szadzik

Szadzik Extreme Android User

It sounds totally right. Just think how battery sterssing is streaming. Then text, screen on. It sounds totally right to me.

Motorola Droid RAZR Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews