1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Can I do these things with rooting?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Hadesdude, Jan 29, 2014.

1. Hadesdude

Hadesdude Newbie
    None

Jan 29, 2014
    Male
    PC-technician
    Leuven, Belgium
    Hi there, I'm pretty new to this subject and I'm not really satisfied with my current Sony Xperia T.
    Well it's a great phone actually but I'm getting pretty frustrated not getting any Android update later than 4.1.2...
    So these are the things I want to get:

1. Get a newer version of Android, or if the whole point of rooting is to make the OS lighter/efficient: a better (and still more recent) version.
    2. Upgrading the microSD-limit to 64GB SDXC if possible (is that software-related, like file format?)
    3. All kinds of fun stuff, making sure I look in the safe content.

And to finish: I have tried rooting from a low-end laptop and it didn't work, it seemed like the OS of Android wasn't compatible or something...
    I might try it again on my high-end gaming desktop, even though it's highly unlikely to make a difference then :/.

Thanks in advance!

Advertisement

2. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)
    None

Sep 15, 2011
    Male
    monkey
    Paisley, Scotland, Western Europe
    Welcome to the community :)
    Best place to ask is in a forum dedicated to your phone. There you can ask for rooting tips and find out how well the phone is supported by custom rom developers
    Heres the xperia t forum http://androidforums.com/sony-xperia-t/
    The all things root section seems a bit dead though tbh so maybe there are no roms for it(?)

3. Sepero

Sepero Linux Guru
    None

Aug 26, 2010
    Welcome to Android forums. To help assist in finding knowledgeable answers to your questions, your posting has been moved to the Sony Xperia T subforums.