• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

can i do this??

yungree

Nov 7, 2012
My phones not rooted yet. But I was wondering if there is a way I could use my WiFi hotspot for free. I wanna watch netflix on my Wii lol. I seen a couple of USB tethering apps but I'm not sure if I needed a computer or not. Can I just get an app and plug my phone st8 to my Wii? You guys know every answer lol I love posting questions here lol

My phones not rooted yet. But I was wondering if there is a way I could use my WiFi hotspot for free. I wanna watch netflix on my Wii lol. I seen a couple of USB tethering apps but I'm not sure if I needed a computer or not. Can I just get an app and plug my phone st8 to my Wii? You guys know every answer lol I love posting questions here lol

any usb tethering apps require a complimentary program to be installed on the target device... so unless you can get that program installed on a wii... nope...

and all wireless tethering apps require root (as far as i know)..

Upvote 0
In my old place (before I had WiFi of my own), I used to share my phone's Internet with the Wii all the time. One thing to consider is that you don't want to go over your data consistently (2.5GB at full speed on Virgin Mobile), otherwise they will get suspicious. Once you root, WiFi tethering is possible for free.

I wrote a guide to get new users started, if you want to check it out.
http://androidforums.com/evo-v-4g-a...need-help-root-s-off-radios-roms-come-in.html

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones