• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help can i edit phones folders without rooting?

james_uk

Android Enthusiast
May 27, 2010
there is a folder in my desire, the directory is /system/media/audio/ui

In here contains all the sily noises the phone makes when taking pics, pressing buttons etc.. i read that you can use a program called root explorer to delete these but thats only on rooted phoned.

Is there anyway i can remove this folder, of just the audio within it without whiping my phone and rooting it?

Seems like a big length to go to just to do what im asking, is there any easy way this can be done?

James

there is a folder in my desire, the directory is /system/media/audio/ui

In here contains all the sily noises the phone makes when taking pics, pressing buttons etc.. i read that you can use a program called root explorer to delete these but thats only on rooted phoned.

Is there anyway i can remove this folder, of just the audio within it without whiping my phone and rooting it?

Seems like a big length to go to just to do what im asking, is there any easy way this can be done?

James

Volume Control ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones