1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root can i flash rom and mods...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by esthernrob, Apr 29, 2011.

1. esthernrob

esthernrob Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 9, 2011
    i deliver the nectar of the gods, BEER!
    Upstate, NY
    i have a new rom and a few mods lined up to flash... my question is, during the flash process, can i flash rom and my mods all in the same session? haven't tried all together before... or, do i need to let new rom boot up once, then flash the mods... mods i'm referring to are stock keyboard, netarchy kernel...
    TIA

Advertisement

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!
    None

May 13, 2010
    Male
    being a flashaholic sponsor, helping others gettin
    los angeles
    i would go slow and try them out one at a time. rushing things is not very good practice. it is best to make sure that whatever you flashed is working correctly, especially a custom rom.

3. beastinbolts

beastinbolts Android Expert
    None

Apr 16, 2011
    And if u flash everything at once and when you reboot your system and it doesn't work you have no idea which files is the problem

4. akazabam

akazabam Android Expert
    None

Jun 7, 2010
    Near Los Angeles
    I'll agree with everything that's been said here. I will say, though, that it's not a one size fits all answer. If you want to *always* be safe, flash one thing at a time, booting up in between. Some things kind of have to be flashed separately (for example, a lot of people have issues flashing something like CM and gapps in one shot), but you could probably get away with flashing a ROM and kernel in one shot. I'm not necessarily recommending this; I'm just saying that it's technically possible. I completely agree with the fact that if you flash too many things, and it doesn't boot, you won't know what broke it.

Tags: