• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can I get a recommenation regarding call blocker software?

I have Call Control Premium on my cell but I got it when a one time upgrade to their Premium product gave you lifetime access to the community blacklist database. I have had no issues with Call Control per se however to get a new copy for my wife's phone I would need to pay a subscription charge for the community blacklist functionality. I thought I could get by with just the Call Control basic but tonight I leaned that there a limit to the number of blocked calls you can add to the Basic versions database so at least on her phone I'm looking for a decent alternative.
Although a community blacklist would be great we would be satisfied with just the ability to add as many phone numbers we want to the blacklist of blocked phone numbers. Although having a product that would block SMS messages from spammers would also be great, she wants to keep using the same SMS messaging product she is using now. If extra functionality such as a community black list and/or eliminating advertisements was available for a one time charge I might consider paying that fee but basically if a free version exists that has the functionality I need, I would like to go with a free version vs anything that requires s subscription fee.
Can anyone recommend a quality call blocker for my wife's android phone?

I've been using the free version of Calls Blacklist. So far, it hasn't said how many I can block, but I don't know if it has a link to a list for the paid version or not.
You can block SMS, but you don't have to. You can set a lot of things like when you want it active, whitelist one caller rather than just your contact list, etc.

Might not be what you want, but take a good look at specs of all of them.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones