1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Can I get genuine Swype on the S3?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mkptym, Aug 8, 2012.

1. mkptym

mkptym Lurker

Compared to the actual Swype I had on my fairly basic HTC, the continuous (sliding) input on the S3 is really terrible. Half the words have to be spelled out manually. Is there any way of enabling actual Swype in messaging on the S3?

Thanks!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. MooN

MooN Well-Known Member

3. Jayces10

Jayces10 Newbie

The swype that comes with the phone needs to do some learning so you will find initially you have to type a lot of words but as it learns them you need to type less.

You can test this by typing the next word that doesn't swype correctly and then immediately swyping it again and it will be correct.

4. smguy101

smguy101 Member

I found the genuine swype keyboard to be 10X better than the stock Samsung T9.

5. robrie

robrie Newbie

Yup! I agree and installed Swype today. Tried dealing with the Samsung keyboard for the last 5 days...

6. Doit2it

Doit2it Android Expert

Don't worry about Swype being in beta. It's been in beta since day one. Just register for a free account and download the latest beta. Works GREAT on the SIII!

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews