1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Can I get my call history from iPhone to a new Android phone?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Antonio Salazar, Jul 16, 2020.

1. Antonio Salazar

I sold my iPhone, I was't using iCloud on it. I wonder if I may recover the call history (just last month) on my new Android phone if I use the same SIM. Carrier is EE.
    Any help much appreciated.

2. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Short answer: no.

Long answer: SIMs store very little data, and modern phones don't use a lot of the data storage capabilities they have (e.g. my Pixel 2 can read contacts from a SIM but cannot store new ones on it, will never store SMS on the SIM, etc). And as far as I'm aware iPhones do not use the SIM for data storage at all. So I think it's extremely unlikely that this will work.

ocnbrze and Dannydet like this.
  3. Antonio Salazar

I heard contacting the carrier may help.

ocnbrze likes this.
  4. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

Contact your carrier...

ocnbrze likes this.
  5. svim

svim Extreme Android User

A SIM card retains your user account info and verification, it's used to authenticate your account on the phone with your carrier. It's not used as user file storage media, whatever user data that's on a SIM card will be incidental and minimal, what pertains only to your account. Since you weren't utilizing iCloud it's very unlikely you'll be able to restore your previous phone call history, unless there's some kind of downloadable history log that your carrier allows you to access. Log into your EE account online and there's likely to be some kind phone call history listing, but not likely to be something you can download and import into your phone's Phone app.

ocnbrze and Dannydet like this.

OnePlus 7T Forum

The OnePlus 7T release date was October 2019. Features and Specs include a 6.55" inch screen, 48MP camera, 8GB RAM, Snapdragon 855+ processor, and 3800mAh battery.

October 2019
Release Date
Reviews