• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can I get my original ROM back?

Hi everyone.

My Desire has gingervillain ROM installed right now, I'm due an upgrade next month and I want to put the Desire back to the original HTC rom so I can sell the handset.

Thing is, when I run the HTC utility to install the stock rom, it just fails.

Anyone know where I can get a zip file of the latest HTC rom, so I can install it through the clockwork mod, instead of using the HTC utility?

thanks

Another option is to install a rooted stock ROM, such as teppic74's rooted GB. Then you get standard HTC Gingerbread, but with the extra options that root brings.

If you want to go back to unrooted stock, are you S-Off or not? If you have not used alpharev or revolutionary you are not, and can ignore the rest of this. If you are, and if you have a recent alpharev hboot, you'll need to flash the "alpharev downgrader" before running the RUU, or else the RUU will not replace the HBOOT. This is particularly important if you are using a modified partition table (e.g. CM7), since the stock ROM the RUU installs won't fit in that case.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones