1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Can I get my original ROM back?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by chrisbrit81, Jan 13, 2012.

1. chrisbrit81

chrisbrit81 Lurker
    None

Apr 9, 2010
    Hi everyone.

My Desire has gingervillain ROM installed right now, I'm due an upgrade next month and I want to put the Desire back to the original HTC rom so I can sell the handset.

Thing is, when I run the HTC utility to install the stock rom, it just fails.

Anyone know where I can get a zip file of the latest HTC rom, so I can install it through the clockwork mod, instead of using the HTC utility?

thanks

Advertisement

2. Howard Hopkinson

Howard Hopkinson Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 12, 2010
    Normally, Desire's that are rooted and ROM'ed usually sell for a higher price. Just be sure to point out that it's rooted/ROM'ed when you sell it.

3. SUroot

SUroot Android Expert
    None

May 25, 2010
    UK Technical Lead; Desktop Support
    Riddlesden, West Yorkshire, UK
    and if you really decide you HAVE to put it back to stock, you can only run the RUU exe when the phone is in fastboot mode (Back+power from off) is you dont have a sense rom installed.

4. Hadron

Hadron  
    VIP Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Spacecorp Test Pilot
    Dimension Jumping
    Another option is to install a rooted stock ROM, such as teppic74's rooted GB. Then you get standard HTC Gingerbread, but with the extra options that root brings.

If you want to go back to unrooted stock, are you S-Off or not? If you have not used alpharev or revolutionary you are not, and can ignore the rest of this. If you are, and if you have a recent alpharev hboot, you'll need to flash the "alpharev downgrader" before running the RUU, or else the RUU will not replace the HBOOT. This is particularly important if you are using a modified partition table (e.g. CM7), since the stock ROM the RUU installs won't fit in that case.

Tags: