1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Can I get root back?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by akakrill, Jan 11, 2012.

1. akakrill

akakrill Newbie
    None

May 16, 2010
    Bought my Bionic with 886. rooted with petes one click. Accidently clicked yes, install to the vz ota to 893. Lost root. Tried R3L3As3Droot And 43V3R Root For The Bionic V2.1 method. Didn't work.

What is the best Radio and System version (stable)?

I'd like the stock ROM (best version) with root.

Am I screwed with the 893 OTA?

Advertisement

2. OutOfPhase

OutOfPhase Premium Member
    None

Dec 7, 2010
    Retired Lineman
    Tampa, FL
    No. The best way to root your phone is using tehsusenoh modified releashed and forever root file here. R3l3AS3DRoot_Windows_V2.1 - modded zergRush - Minus.com Option 2, root and forever root.
    This works with 5.5.893

akakrill likes this.
  3. akakrill

akakrill Newbie
    None

May 16, 2010
    Thanks the modded version worked, I'm now rooted on 893. One thing, I have the use of all my rooted apps back but ROM manager will not backup ROM. It just restarts the phone without performing the operation. What could be effecting my backup?

Also I'm looking into the 901 radio now. My Bionic could use a radio upgrade for it drops data "3G" on occasion and I have to restart to get it back. Can I get the radio update, the ability to perform Nandroid backup, and stay with the rooted stock ROM?

I love the Battery life and don't want to change performance speed. Which is the most popular ROM if I were to switch to a third party, and what is the benefit of that ROM?

4. OutOfPhase

None

Dec 7, 2010
    Retired Lineman
    Tampa, FL
    rom manager is does not work well with the bionic. You should make your backup in CWR.

As far as .901 there have been good and bad reports with the new radio, I would hold off because it is supposed to be push OTA tomorrow.

I personally use theory rom, but after some crap the developer is no longer supporting it. I see alot of people like the Eclipse Rom.

akakrill likes this.
  5. akakrill

akakrill Newbie
    None

May 16, 2010
    Got Bootstrap, Backing up now! you guys, I really appreciate it!

One last thing. I paid for a license for TI backup on my droid 1 and brought it over to the bionic. I copied the .txt serial into the TI backup directory, the SD card directory, and the internal storage directory and TI will not recognize the license. Anyone know where the file needs to be for TI to recognize it?

6. OutOfPhase

None

Dec 7, 2010
    Retired Lineman
    Tampa, FL
    I put a copy on the root of my SD card and the root of my external SD card. TIBU recognized one of them.

7. SNeitzel

SNeitzel Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 11, 2010
    For me, the Ti Backup Key showed up in the market as "Purchased" so I just downloaded it form there and it worked properly.