1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Can I go back to 3.2 from 4.0.4 ICS

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by Reducer214, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Reducer214

Reducer214 Lurker

I used Kies to update my samsung galaxy tab to 4.0.4, Updated without any errors, But now my touch screen won't work. please help.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. James L

James L Android Expert

What's the model number?

3. Reducer214

Reducer214 Lurker

4. James L

James L Android Expert

Possibly but you might end up in a bootloop and then again maybe not. I will look into this further.
    Slammed atm.

5. Reducer214

Reducer214 Lurker

I was hoping it would be easy to go back, that way I could verify hardware was ok, I need 4.0.0 or better for phantom 2 quad copter video interface. Maybe trying to figure out why touch screen is malfunctioning would be simpler. or should I root?. I know nothing. Thanks again.

6. James L

James L Android Expert

Question, after you did the update did you factory reset it?

7. James L

James L Android Expert

Ok after looking around. I did see other people with the same issues after updating to 4.0.4
    They did everything reasonable and than in the end sent the devices to have them repaired. Other people stated they took the device apart and cleaned it and had success.

8. Reducer214

Reducer214 Lurker

I did the factory reset after update. when does the next update come out, should I wait for that? where is a good place to send it for repair?

9. James L

James L Android Expert

As far as i saw that device has had the 4.0.4 update for some time now. I wouldn't think it would get further updates, but anything is possible. As far as a good place to send it for repair, not sure to be honest.