• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can I have different wallpapers for different homescreens on the Desire?

There are apps such as this one:

https://market.android.com/details?id=org.tamanegi.wallpaper.multipicture&feature=search_result

I'm sure there are others but I don't use them.

deanshep will let you know.

what am I now....the multi wallpaper man? ;):D

it wasn't even me who found it in the desktop thread anyway....just the one AFTER to get asked lol...

but yea you hit the nail perfect there dan...that is I think the best one to use...that I've tried so far anyway...

multipic never has any issues other than a few times it MAY just refresh the wallpaper but that usually is when you have either unlocked the phone (and again its hardly ever) or if you have played a quite heavy game or app (and again its not very often)...it will probably refresh the wallpaper on my phone maybe....twice in a day...and its like a moment refresh...done...it doesnt refresh icons JUST the wallpaper so it doesnt lag the phone or anything...so actually thats pretty nice..

EDIT: how bout that dan....its in my sig now :p

Reactions: SUroot
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
really nice app this is!!
cool transitions n stuff.
one thing I wud like changed is the double tap wallpaper change setting. double tapping on any home screen changes the wallpaper in othr homescreens too

actually strangely as it is...I cannot for the life of me now ever KEEP single DIFFERENT wallpapers...

I went to test the double tap for you as I have multiwallpaper on but havent been using it...and I seem to have been dubbed multiwalllpaper man lol

BUT I can only now see ONE wallpaper on all screens regardless of seperate settings...

hmm I shall test this more for you...never fear...multiwallpaper man is hear!

AWAY! ;):D

Upvote 0
UPDATE:!:!:!:!

right...1981, do you use any kind of launcher program like launcher pro etc? because if so you MAY have turned 'scrolling wallpapers' off.....and when they dont scroll multiwallpaper will only have ONE picture for all screens...be it 2 or 7 screens....

I know cos stupidly I had this happen to me hence my lil confusion above..

once the scrolling wallpapers are back on, multiwallpaper will allow different wallpapers to each screen...and if you then select for EACH screen in the options to select a wallpaper from a folder...then everytime you double tap on EACH screen it will just change THAT screen not all and certainly not all to the same wallpaper..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones