• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help can i install other country's same firmware

my phone is Galaxy Alpha SM-G850M. Can I install other country's firmware for this SM-G850M model? thank you for your time and answers.

If your device is connected to a Google account and your location is enabled, Then you may have an issue because Google normally operate by device demographics. Now you can use different country firmware on your device by enabling "Unknown Source" in your settings but you will most definitely have to operate it by a WiFi connection or private APN because some firmware is not allowed to be operated by some country's communication regulations.

Upvote 0
If your device is connected to a Google account and your location is enabled, Then you may have an issue because Google normally operate by device demographics. Now you can use different country firmware on your device by enabling "Unknown Source" in your settings but you will most definitely have to operate it by a WiFi connection or private APN because some firmware is not allowed to be operated by some country's communication regulations.
could i install it after making "factory data reset" and connecting to my wi fi at home?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones