• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can I install this ROM?

ok so im totally new to the HTC/Android thing and im looking at getting a custom ROM put on my phone... This one...

[ROM] AceSMod007 (Sense2.1+3.0 GB | Stable | A2SD+) [STOCK | CM7] [v31 | 14/08] - xda-developers

But this confuses me
REQUIREMENTS:

- STOCK hboot: Wiped ext2, 3 or 4 partition (for APP2SD), 512+ MB - Dalvik-Cache moved on the first boot on the SD-Ext
- CM7 hboot: Wiped ext2, 3 or 4 partition (for APP2SD), 512+ MB - Dalvik-Cache moved on the first boot on the SD-Ext
RECOMMENDED:

- Latest Radio: 32.56.00.32U_5.17.05.23

As when I go into HBOOT nothing said there is anywhere on the phone...

i get this

Bravo PT4 SHIP S-ON
HBOOT - 0.93.0001
Radio-5.11.05.27

... Stock HBOOT... CM7 HBOOT... THE F!

I used unrevoked to root... Which version do i need the CM7 one or the stock? This will be my first custom ROM

Also will I/Do need to make a gold card for this to work? or can I just install this without having to do anything other than rooting the phone?

You have got the stock hboot. Don't worry about that, but don't choose anything that requires the "CM7 hboot".

You haven't partitioned your SD card - you'd know if you had.

Read the FAQs and guides in the root forum before proceding. You can find these in the sticky post "all about rooting", which is the red link in my sig. You want at the minimum to read the rooting guide/FAQ and anything that says "A2SD" (as that's where the partitioning comes in). If there are things that are still unclear after that, just ask in the root forum and someone will help.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones