1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Can I install this ROM?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by HTCWiseman, Aug 15, 2011.

1. HTCWiseman

HTCWiseman Lurker
    None

Aug 2, 2011
    ok so im totally new to the HTC/Android thing and im looking at getting a custom ROM put on my phone... This one...

[ROM] AceSMod007 (Sense2.1+3.0 GB | Stable | A2SD+) [STOCK | CM7] [v31 | 14/08] - xda-developers

But this confuses me
    REQUIREMENTS:

- STOCK hboot: Wiped ext2, 3 or 4 partition (for APP2SD), 512+ MB - Dalvik-Cache moved on the first boot on the SD-Ext
    - CM7 hboot: Wiped ext2, 3 or 4 partition (for APP2SD), 512+ MB - Dalvik-Cache moved on the first boot on the SD-Ext
    RECOMMENDED:

- Latest Radio: 32.56.00.32U_5.17.05.23

As when I go into HBOOT nothing said there is anywhere on the phone...

i get this

Bravo PT4 SHIP S-ON
    HBOOT - 0.93.0001
    Radio-5.11.05.27

... Stock HBOOT... CM7 HBOOT... THE F!

I used unrevoked to root... Which version do i need the CM7 one or the stock? This will be my first custom ROM

Also will I/Do need to make a gold card for this to work? or can I just install this without having to do anything other than rooting the phone?

Advertisement

2. Hadron

Hadron  
    VIP Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Spacecorp Test Pilot
    Dimension Jumping
    You have got the stock hboot. Don't worry about that, but don't choose anything that requires the "CM7 hboot".

You haven't partitioned your SD card - you'd know if you had.

Read the FAQs and guides in the root forum before proceding. You can find these in the sticky post "all about rooting", which is the red link in my sig. You want at the minimum to read the rooting guide/FAQ and anything that says "A2SD" (as that's where the partitioning comes in). If there are things that are still unclear after that, just ask in the root forum and someone will help.

Tags: