1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

can i join?

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by brandonjp, Jun 28, 2010.

1. brandonjp

brandonjp Member

Jun 27, 2010
    Just saying hello... long time coveter, now a first time Android owner.

I've stayed away from the smartphone revolution ever since my devolutionary Palm Treo scarred me. But my wounds have finally healed. I couldn't bring myself to go all out yet... but I did get the Motorola i1 from Boost Mobile yesterday. I was expecting to be letdown/disappointed after reading all the reviews about slow/2G web speeds and the moldy cupcake 1.5 OS... BUT... so far I LOVE IT!!!!

I'm sure I'll have questions though... so I'm counting on all you little green people!

Advertisement

2. UBRocked

UBRocked VZW Nexus Please!!!

Jan 31, 2010
    Ohio
    Hi and welcome to Android Forums!

My boss bought a Treo 700W a few years back (and eventually the 700P) and had about 5 of them in total before we got him to take something else. I have hated Treo products ever since.

Hopefully you will find that Android devices are great for the novice as well as the most "techie" types of people. It is a very flexible OS. This forum serves as a great support group as well so don't be afraid to ask for help if you run into problems.

Again, welcome!

3. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH

Feb 19, 2010
    Male
    Welcome to the Android Forums!! You made the right choice. We are the first, largest and finest Android Forum!

4. cds0699

cds0699 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    Shenandoah Jct WV
    I definitely agree, my Android was my very 1st smartphone, and lets just say I'm not a tech savvy person, so it took some learning. This forum is helpful overall, and don't be afraid to ask questions :)

Welcome to the forum.

5. bigdroid

bigdroid Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Campus Safety Officer
    Earlville, NY
    Welcome to Android Forums!! :)