• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can I keep my old number??

My husband came home with the Optimus V from Target on Black Friday ($49!!), because it's become apparent that I need more than just talk/text that I currently have. My husband used to work for Radio Shack years ago, and when he left the company he was allowed to keep his employee Sprint plan which was like $17 a month. He has had this number for 15 years, and then I took it over when his company gave him a phone 8 years ago. Is there any way to keep the number when I switch to VM, or do I have to get a new number? I'd hate to ditch the number if there was a way around it.

My husband came home with the Optimus V from Target on Black Friday ($49!!), because it's become apparent that I need more than just talk/text that I currently have. My husband used to work for Radio Shack years ago, and when he left the company he was allowed to keep his employee Sprint plan which was like $17 a month. He has had this number for 15 years, and then I took it over when his company gave him a phone 8 years ago. Is there any way to keep the number when I switch to VM, or do I have to get a new number? I'd hate to ditch the number if there was a way around it.
No worries there. The old number can be ported over within a few hours. Tell a VM rep what you need and they'll take care of it. I ported over from contract/blackberry/tmobile. It took about an hour or so.

Reactions: Christen99
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones