1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

can i locate a phone with just an id number

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by jonnyrotten, Jul 5, 2013.

1. jonnyrotten

jonnyrotten Lurker

i have been hacked but i have the id number of the android device. Can i find out who it belongs to?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. jonnyrotten

jonnyrotten Lurker

what i have is the id number for the phone itself

can i trace with this only?

3. LilBit

LilBit Extreme Android User

That one is out of my league.:(

4. mikedt

mikedt 你好

I assume you're talking about your Google account that's been hacked. Might not be able to find out who it belongs do. But what I would do is change your Google password straight away, use something strong with mixed letters, numbers and punctuation. In addition use the Google Authenticator. Then go into the list of devices associated with your account, look for what you think is the offending/hack one and remove it.

Did you recently dispose of a device associated with your account and didn't wipe it?

LilBit likes this.
  5. jonnyrotten

jonnyrotten Lurker

thanks Mike

we are way beyond changing passwords and so on.

What we do have ( supposedly ) is the ID of the device that was used in the hack. We need to trace the device.

basically the story is my email was hacked, and personal email sent out to only 2 recipients using the bcc field in order to show as undisclosed recipients. One of the recipients sent me the header from the email, from which we believe we have the device number.

we want to know if we can trace the device, thats all....

6. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Possibly, you can get the IP addresses of all recent accesses to your account
    http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?ctx=gmail&answer=45938
    https://security.google.com/settings/security/activity

IANAL but I think you'd need a subpoena to find out possibly who it is and where they are. You can do a reverse DNS, that should tell you the ISP.

7. jonnyrotten

jonnyrotten Lurker

thanks again Mike

i do not have a google account. we believe that the person was on my computer remotely sending out the emails, but according to our server provider it was done from an android device. I dont own an Android device!

is there any where else i can look as the IP address given by our server provider was actually my IP... so someone was in my computer remotely, thats is the only explanation