• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can I please get a music app with REALLY LARGE buttons

Dear App Developers:

All I want is a music app with really large buttons to be used while driving. Also nice would be a widget (at least 2x1, preferably 4x1) for the default music app (or any app, for that matter) that was JUST BUTTONS. I'm driving--I'm not going to take time to look at the song title, and anyway, I know pretty much every song I have on there by the first couple notes. I just want to be able to pause, skip forward, and skip back.

Hell, even just forward and back would be great. A shuffle/repeat toggle might be nice too, but I'm trying not to ask for too much here.

Anyone? Pretty pretty pretty please? I have no qualms about paying for useful apps, and I'd quite happily pay for this one!!

(Anyone else agree with me?)

(I've used the Pure Music widgets, but they all try to crowd title info/album pic on them, rendering the buttons impossible to safely hit while driving.)

well , this is not exactly what you want but it does the job for me
Meridian media player can be used easily while driving
swipe left/right to change track
and just tap on the screen to pause
swipe down to show the bar

it has a widget , but won't do your job

I tried it--it kept crashing on me. :(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones