• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can I port my current phone number to VM

As long as your account with Sprint is in good standing you can port it in.

I think you have to call them to do it. I called in the middle of the night and it went smooth as cream.

The only thing that can hang it up is that you have to wait for the previous carrier to release the number, and that can take a few days, but it generally only takes a couple of hours.

Upvote 0
My number was transferred from AT&T (cellular) and it only took about 45 minutes.

I spoke to an agent only because of the oddity of the transfer -- I was dropping out of a family plan where I was not the Owner of the family account. Later, IIRC, I saw a VM web-page where one could provide all the transfer information without speaking to anyone.

While my number-transfer was prompt, VM screwed up every small detail they could:
  • VM over-wrote all details I'd provided with those details from the plan I was LEAVING (owner's name, street address, town)
  • VM filled my CallerID string with the owner's name of the account I'd left.
  • When I called to explain their odd choice, they quickly corrected the account details... but not the CallerID.
  • And, as VM corrected the above account details, they set my account's mode to CallerID-blocking -- so I couldn't ID incoming calls nor could anyone ID me.
  • When I called again and VM removed the CallerID-blocking, they'd left my outgoing CallerID with the screwed up entry they'd previously made.
  • When I called them about the wrong CallerID, they promised to fix it.
  • When I called back two weeks later -- they hadn't fixed it -- they again promised to fix it.
  • ... Dunno if it's fixed now, or not... after all, people have become accustomed to ID'ing me as "Judith"!
I'm -not- angry with VM. In fact, I think it's rather cute that they can be so large and so inept! :D

Hope you have a smoother transfer!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones