1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Can I prevent whatsapp from adding all the contacts?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by spman, Oct 12, 2014.

1. spman

spman Android Enthusiast

From my understanding, if I install whatsapp, all my phone contacts will see me inside their whatsapp (if my contacts are using whatsapp),

There are some contacts that I do not wish to see them inside whatsapp. (e.g. some friends that I am not so close, some contacts I will only contact them if I need their service.)

How to prevent whatsapp from adding all the contacts?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Marian123

Marian123 Newbie

Hey spman , I think you are confused about how whats app works , others can only see your online status , if they have your number saved in their contact list not the other way around. Although if there are some people you don't wish to remain in contact with , you can simply block them , other than that there is no way , if they have your number they will see you despite the fact if you have theirs.

spman likes this.
  3. spman

spman Android Enthusiast

I thought if I did not install whatsapp, although my friend has my contact number and he has install whatsapp, he will not see me (not even offline or online in whatsapp) in whatsapp? (correct me if I am wrong)

What happens if I added someone (e.g. Peter) into my whatsapp, but Peter did not have my whatsapp? Will I appear inside Peter whatsapp list?

I understand about blocking, I think the other party will know I have blocked them since it is unusual for someone in their whatsapp not appearing online forever. They might think I am unfriendly. What I wanted to do is not appear inside the whatsapp list of my contacts, so they might just thought that I did not install whatsapp at all.

4. Marian123

Marian123 Newbie

That depends whether you have Installed whats app before , lets suppose you had it a year ago but now you have it uninstalled , they will still see you but your ' Last seen ' will be from a year ago so they will know you are inactive.

And no you will not appear in peter's whats app list , unless he also has your number in his contact list.

spman likes this.
  5. spman

spman Android Enthusiast

If I added Peter to my contact list (I assume Peter will appear in my whatsapp), if Peter do not have me in his contact list (I assume he cannot see me in his whatsapp list), what happens if I try to send a whatsapp message to Peter?

6. Marian123

Marian123 Newbie

He will get your message with your number being displayed at the top with two options available , whether to add you or block you.

spman likes this.
  7. spman

spman Android Enthusiast

If I added Peter to my contact list (I assume Peter will appear in my whatsapp showing either offline or online, correct me if I am wrong), if Peter do not have my contact in his contact list, when Peter go into whatsapp, Peter will not see me inside his whatsapp (correct me if I am wrong). When Peter goes online into whatsapp, will I see Peter as online in my whatsapp?