1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Can I print?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kilgetty, Feb 9, 2016.

1. kilgetty

kilgetty Newbie

Is it possible to print from my Nexus 7 tablet to my Canon MG5450 wireless printer? I have tried all sorts of applications without any success.
    If it is possible could you please give me step by step instructions.

2. Best Answer:
    Post #2 by Crashdamage, Feb 9, 2016 (1 points)
  3. Crashdamage

Crashdamage Android Expert

#2 Crashdamage, Feb 9, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2016
    Torrid likes this.
  4. kilgetty

kilgetty Newbie

Hi Crashdamage. Thanks very much for your prompt reply, it worked perfectly. I am so pleased that I have eventually got this working.

#3 kilgetty, Feb 9, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2016
    Crashdamage likes this.
  5. Madbat

Madbat Android Expert

It should work with the standard cannon print plugin app. I print to my mother in law's printer with it. I print to my hp wireless printer with the regular hp print plugin. The stock system handles printing very well.

6. kilgetty

kilgetty Newbie

I tried the Canon app without any luck at all, but the PrinterShare app is working fine.

Madbat likes this.
  7. Crashdamage

Crashdamage Android Expert

Yeah, the HP Print Plugin should work with our HP printer but I never could get it working right. PrinterShare has been around a long time, it was one of the first print apps for Android. If just works. Has for years on many devices and 2 or 3 printers.

Madbat likes this.
  8. mydian

mydian Android Expert

I've used Google's cloud print many times with my Canon printer.

9. Madbat

Madbat Android Expert

I just used the print plugin.
    You don't open the app. You print from where the document is that you want to print. If its a web page, select print from browser settings. If its a PDF or other document, select print in the document reader app. It should open a standard print window where you choose the print destination (similar to PC).
    But there are so many printers, just sticking with what worked is probably best.

10. Torrid

Torrid Android Enthusiast

Yes, I can vouch for Printershare--has worked wonderfully for me for years. I have used the Print Hammermill (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hammermill.premium&hl=en) app with success as well.

Nexus 7 (2013) Forum

The Nexus 7 (2013) release date was July 2013. Features and Specs include a 7.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon S4 Pro processor, and 3950mAh battery.

July 2013
Release Date
Reviews