1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General can I remove labels from htc widgets?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Mister Bletch, Jun 9, 2011.

1. Mister Bletch

Mister Bletch Lurker
    None

Nov 2, 2010
    Brighton, UK
    I've been getting into personalising my screens with loads of help from information in these forums. I'm particularly into changing icons and I really like being able to remove the labels from beneath the app icons.

To my surprise I really quite like a couple of the new official htc widgets.

And here's where my problem arises.... using 'folder organizer' I can easily remove the label from most app icons but I cannot figure out how to do so with the official HTC widgets.

I have an un-rooted phone (I'm a tech novice and rooting fills me with brick-phobia).

Does anyone know if this can be done with the stock set up please?

Thanks for your time.

Advertisement

2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

Jan 3, 2011
    Scotland
    I think with the say Sense is set up, it's not possible.

I like it too and the only way I've found to do it is by using an alternative launcher or by the folder organizer app you mentioned.

3. Mister Bletch

Mister Bletch Lurker
    None

Nov 2, 2010
    Brighton, UK

I've worked out how to use Folder Organizer to remove the labels from apps, but not the widgets like HTC 'fake call' etc (those that are accessed via: personalise, widget, browse all htc widgets). Can that be done then? Is an alternative launcher a part of rooting? Sorry for daft questions, I don't work in the field and am a keen but pretty inept amateur.

4. Amerie

Amerie Well-Known Member
    None

May 18, 2011
    Doncaster, UK
    I don't think it is possible for the HTC widgets unfortunately, as they can't be accessed like the normal android widgets using folder organizer.

You could try using an alternative launcher like Launcher Pro, you don't need to root and you can just download it from the market for free. If you pay for Launcher Pro Plus, you can actually use some widgets that are identical to some of the HTC ones, like Friend Stream and People off the top of my head, but not Fake Call.
    Hope that helps!

5. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

Jan 3, 2011
    Scotland
    You can't do it with the widgets, it's just the way HTC Widgets/Widgets in general are made.

And as Amerie has said, you don't need root to use an alternative launcher.

They're not daft questions either, so don't worry about it, we're here to help! :)

6. Mister Bletch

Mister Bletch Lurker
    None

Nov 2, 2010
    Brighton, UK
    Amerie & El Presidente,

Thanks guus, really helpful. Shame about the widgets but hey ho. I bow have Launcher Pro plus and Folder Organizer pro and all is groovy