• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can I remove the special home screen panel?

Long-press the one you don't want. One of two things will happen, depending on which launcher you're running:

A little window will pop up with a Remove item in it. Press Remove.

Or a trash can will appear at the top or bottom of the screen. Drag the tile (it's called an icon) to the trash.

(Don't get nervous. You can always get them back if you change your mind later.)

Upvote 0
Long-press the one you don't want. One of two things will happen, depending on which launcher you're running:

A little window will pop up with a Remove item in it. Press Remove.

Or a trash can will appear at the top or bottom of the screen. Drag the tile (it's called an icon) to the trash.

(Don't get nervous. You can always get them back if you change your mind later.)
How can I get them back once I trash them?

Upvote 0
If you really hate it you can install a 3rd party launcher. Then you may never see blink feed again. You won't see the sense launcher either, which could be good or bad depending on your view of sense.

To be honest I didn't like it at first either but after tweaking the settings a bit I've got it to be somewhat useful and not annoying.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones