• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can I restore multiple MMS/SMS backups, and have them integrate?

mattl2

Lurker
Oct 27, 2011
So, basically, my HTC Incredible 2 was acting really buggy, so I used MyBackup Pro to backup pretty much everything, including all MMS & SMS before resetting the phone to factory settings. After restoring all my messages (twice, to see if it would help) I had many empty "ghost" messages. I emailed RerWare, who makes MyBackup, and they said the backup was probably done correctly, but my phone itself might not be restoring the info properly. The phone was in fact still acting buggy, so HTC is mailing me a new one. In the meantime I have still been using it a lot and have added on a lot of messages.

When the replacement phone comes in another day or two, I want to be able to restore the old MMS/SMS backup, which on the new device will hopefully not have a bunch of blank ghost messages, as RerWare suggested. But I would also like to add all the texts I've made since that restore. I don't want to back up everything now, and restore that data, since I will be backing up the ghost messages. So is there a way to backup & restore ONLY the texts I've made since resetting my phone to factory settings, and then add those messages to the ones I will restore from my old backup, again, assuming it doesn't have ghost messages anymore.

Thanks!

Greetings,

I don't think that what I'm going to suggest will help in your present situation, but for future endeavors.

I use the app SMS backup n2manager. This will allow you to save and backup different time frames of messages.

If you still have your device now, you can backup the present set of sms/mms with sms backup. When you new phone arrives, if you can get your Mybackup to restore correctly, then you can restore your n2manager backup and have both.

Upvote 0
Greetings,

I don't think that what I'm going to suggest will help in your present situation, but for future endeavors.

I use the app SMS backup n2manager. This will allow you to save and backup different time frames of messages.

If you still have your device now, you can backup the present set of sms/mms with sms backup. When you new phone arrives, if you can get your Mybackup to restore correctly, then you can restore your n2manager backup and have both.

This doesn't backup/restore MMS. Just SMS.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones