1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Root Can i return a rooted phone to ATT?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Chris82, Sep 13, 2010.

1. Chris82

Chris82 Member

Sep 13, 2010
    I've had my Captivate 2 days and it shuts off at random times so i want to exchange it for a new one i have rooted the phone and deleted ATTs crap.

Would they say anything because there junk is gone? Has anyone here ever returned a rooted phone?

I have read that they can give refurbs i paid $499 for mine so i better get a new one my box is marked 8/24 so the one i have a new.

Advertisement

2. Duck Tales LOL

Duck Tales LOL Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2010
    Arkansas
    Most att reps will have no idea what root is, or have any idea what it looks like, so you'll be fine.

If its returned within 30 days, you will get a new one.

3. 3gAndroid

3gAndroid Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2010
    CA, USA
    I've been with AT&T for a decade. They've always been very helpful and easy to work with. Much better than my Verizon experience within that same time frame.

4. alphadog00

alphadog00 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2010
    You should reflash to factory new - the Odin3 one click downloader will do it.

Then run your phone with no added software or mods and make sure it is not shutting down because of something you did.

5. blackhemi

blackhemi Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2010
    Loganville, GA USA
    when I exchanged mine, he asked if i "routed" mine. I looked at him, and asked what the hell is "routing" He then showed me the questions he is to ask on returns, and it said, ask customer if device has been rooted. I laughed. Most are clueless about the technology

I just backed up all my stuff, factory reset it, did the unroot thing and gave it back.