1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Can I Root an LG Velvet G900TM

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by aNFam, Jul 27, 2021.

1. aNFam

aNFam Lurker

Recently, I was interested in rooting my current phone. I was looking through a few guides that were online and learned that I needed to unlock the bootloader, which required you get an unlock code from the LG website, It was stated that my device was not availiable for unlock and it seemed that there was no way to unlock it otherwise. I was wondering if my device was truly un-rootable or if there was still a way to root it.

2. Best Answer:
    Post #2 by ocnbrze, Jul 27, 2021 (2 points)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

3. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

well from the looks of it your Velvet variant can't be rooted at the moment. if you can't unlock the bootloader, you can't root.......sorry

mikedt, aNFam and Dannydet like this.
  4. aNFam

aNFam Lurker

That's unfortunate, I doubt there is but are there any unofficial ways to unlock the bootloader by chance?

ocnbrze likes this.
  5. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

Not by chance......lol

The only way would be for a developer to come up a work around for this. But unfortunately, there is no dev community for your phone. And I heard LG is just like Samsung's snapdragon bootloader's..... They are extremely hard to crack.

Dannydet and mikedt like this.

LG Velvet Forum

The LG Velvet release date was May 15th, 2020. Features and Specs include a 6.8" inch screen, 48MP camera, 8GB RAM, Snapdragon 765G processor, and 4300mAh battery.

May 15th, 2020
Release Date
Reviews