1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Can I root my old Eris

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by terfdaq, Jun 8, 2010.

1. terfdaq

terfdaq Lurker

Jun 8, 2010
    There is a touch screen issue with my current Eris. I went to Verizon they are sending me a new one. I have 10 days to send back the old one. My question is, in those 10 days can I root my old one without penalty from Big Red? Will they receive the old, possibly rooted, phone and ding me somehow for sending them a rooted phone? I have always wanted to try, however I didn't want to loose my warranty for this very reason.

Thanks
    Daniel

Advertisement

2. BlueDC2

BlueDC2 Android Enthusiast

Mar 7, 2010
    Why would you go through the trouble to set up all the stuff, root the phone, download and install a rom, set up that rom the way you like, and then risk voiding the warranty and having to pay for the phone you just received to have root for a little over a week.

Also, if you're asking a question like that, you might not be savvy enough to un-root the phone...just saying.

My opinion: Wait and hope for hboot 1.47 and root the new phone.

3. ACD168

ACD168 Android Expert

Apr 30, 2010
    +1 /\
    |
    |

4. terfdaq

terfdaq Lurker

Jun 8, 2010
    Well, the idea was, if I successfully root the phone I send back, I might like it enough to root the new one. I have wanted to try for a while.

But when you put it like that it might not be a good idea. Heck I dont even know if I am savvy enough to root it. And the fact that I didn't even know you could un-root the phone prolly says I dont have the savvy necessary to take on the task.

Anyway, thanks for your advice. I will look out for this hboot 1.47 you speak of, and maybe can use that somehow in the future.