1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Can I set ask for password before opening an app?/file?

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by spman, May 8, 2020.

1. spman

spman Android Enthusiast

When I am using my phone, pressing any app icon will launch the app or file. I do not want it to immediately lauch all the app.

How to password protect a file? For example if I press a file, I wish to have a password prompt asking me to scan my fingerprint or pattern or maybe a digit password before the file is opened.

How to password protect an app? For example Google Keep does not have a password protect feature and will auto open after pressing the Google Keep icon, after I press Google Keep icon I wish to have a password prompt asking me to scan fingerprint or pattern or maybe a digit password for Google Keep app only. Hope to have a password option for all apps.

Thank you. (Samsung Note 8 user)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

There are apps that can be used to require a password before opening some other app. I've never used one so can't make recommendations, but a quick search should find some candidates.

MrJavi, MoodyBlues, spman and 2 others like this.
  3. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations!
    VIP Member

On the Note 8, you can password protect apps... or, easier, just use that app in the Secure Folder.

The Secure Folder is like a separate phone, with Knox protection. You can have, for example, a social media app on your usual home screen; and a second copy of the app, with a different account, in the Secure Folder. If you have an app that you don't want to have access to your contacts, gallery, etc, just install it in the Secure Folder and it will only have access to what's in that folder.

MrJavi, svim, Dannydet and 2 others like this.
  4. spman

spman Android Enthusiast

I have 1 SIM card (1 mobile number) and 1 whatsapp, 1 telegram, 1 sms message icon, not using Secure Folder now. If I use secure folder, can I have another whatsapp, telegram and sms icon in my Secure Folder?