1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Can I still do a hard factory reset on rooted phone, without unrooting??

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by geetech84, Jul 24, 2013.

1. geetech84

geetech84 Member
    None

May 7, 2011
    I was wondering, if I did a hard reset, on my rooted lg spirit without unrooting , will it brick my phone or will I lose my root?

Reason I want to do a hard reset, Is when I plug in the phone to charge, it doesnt make no sound. Went to root explorer, and I saw the plug charge sound in there, but for some reason it doesnt make that sound..

I have not flash any rom, all I have done was freeze some the apps that run with titanium backup, havent deleted any apps..

If I was to unfreeze the apps, I froze .before hard rest...Would doing a hard reset, without un rooting, brick my phone ..or will hard reset just get rid of root? Or will I be fine, no worries about hard reset bricking my phone, and getting rid of my root?

Advertisement

2. bnb25

bnb25 Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2012
    Male
    Michigan
    before you go through all that. have you checked to make sure you have the notification sounds turned on?

actually now that i think of it, the only time my phone makes a sound with charging is when its fully charged, never heard a sound when i plug it in.

3. geetech84

geetech84 Member
    None

May 7, 2011
    Yeah I did that, and a hard reset and still no sound, must be something with lg System..if yours don't work either..The file there, just not working..

Only reason I was trying to fix it,cause the other day my charger wasn't plug in and I didn't know..So when I plug in my phone before I went to bed, I didn't look at it..and the next day it was dead..and that's when I found out the harge sound on the spirit wasn't working..

But thank you

4. GameTheory

GameTheory Android Expert

Jul 23, 2012
    Male
    ???
    The phone is not suppose to make a sound when you plug it to charge. It only makes that sound when you plug it to your PC to charge.

5. geetech84

geetech84 Member
    None

May 7, 2011
    Oh ok, I figure it should of, on my old Lg Motion it made a sound.. I guess I got to now on look at the phone make sure it's charging

thank you

6. bnb25

bnb25 Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2012
    Male
    Michigan
    oh sure. I tell him that and he argues with me, you tell him that and he bows to you. *sticks tongue out* meah

Tags: