• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Can I still do a hard factory reset on rooted phone, without unrooting??

geetech84

May 7, 2011
I was wondering, if I did a hard reset, on my rooted lg spirit without unrooting , will it brick my phone or will I lose my root?

Reason I want to do a hard reset, Is when I plug in the phone to charge, it doesnt make no sound. Went to root explorer, and I saw the plug charge sound in there, but for some reason it doesnt make that sound..

I have not flash any rom, all I have done was freeze some the apps that run with titanium backup, havent deleted any apps..

If I was to unfreeze the apps, I froze .before hard rest...Would doing a hard reset, without un rooting, brick my phone ..or will hard reset just get rid of root? Or will I be fine, no worries about hard reset bricking my phone, and getting rid of my root?

before you go through all that. have you checked to make sure you have the notification sounds turned on?

actually now that i think of it, the only time my phone makes a sound with charging is when its fully charged, never heard a sound when i plug it in.

Yeah I did that, and a hard reset and still no sound, must be something with lg System..if yours don't work either..The file there, just not working..

Only reason I was trying to fix it,cause the other day my charger wasn't plug in and I didn't know..So when I plug in my phone before I went to bed, I didn't look at it..and the next day it was dead..and that's when I found out the harge sound on the spirit wasn't working..

But thank you

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones