1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Can I still do a hard factory reset on rooted phone, without unrooting??

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by geetech84, Jul 24, 2013.

1. geetech84

geetech84 Member

I was wondering, if I did a hard reset, on my rooted lg spirit without unrooting , will it brick my phone or will I lose my root?

Reason I want to do a hard reset, Is when I plug in the phone to charge, it doesnt make no sound. Went to root explorer, and I saw the plug charge sound in there, but for some reason it doesnt make that sound..

I have not flash any rom, all I have done was freeze some the apps that run with titanium backup, havent deleted any apps..

If I was to unfreeze the apps, I froze .before hard rest...Would doing a hard reset, without un rooting, brick my phone ..or will hard reset just get rid of root? Or will I be fine, no worries about hard reset bricking my phone, and getting rid of my root?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. bnb25

bnb25 Android Expert

before you go through all that. have you checked to make sure you have the notification sounds turned on?

actually now that i think of it, the only time my phone makes a sound with charging is when its fully charged, never heard a sound when i plug it in.

3. geetech84

geetech84 Member

Yeah I did that, and a hard reset and still no sound, must be something with lg System..if yours don't work either..The file there, just not working..

Only reason I was trying to fix it,cause the other day my charger wasn't plug in and I didn't know..So when I plug in my phone before I went to bed, I didn't look at it..and the next day it was dead..and that's when I found out the harge sound on the spirit wasn't working..

But thank you

4. GameTheory

GameTheory Android Expert

The phone is not suppose to make a sound when you plug it to charge. It only makes that sound when you plug it to your PC to charge.

5. geetech84

geetech84 Member

Oh ok, I figure it should of, on my old Lg Motion it made a sound.. I guess I got to now on look at the phone make sure it's charging

thank you

6. bnb25

bnb25 Android Expert

oh sure. I tell him that and he argues with me, you tell him that and he bows to you. *sticks tongue out* meah

LG Spirit 4G Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews