• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can I sync contacts to PC & not use Google or Exchange?

sidespin05

Apr 29, 2010
There are alot of Threads/Post on Contacts Sync etc. I haven't found the answer though to my question, so here it goes.

Can i sync my Contacts to my PC and not use Google or the Exchange Sync? Just make a seperate folder for them in the event of a phone crash etc. Maybe make a folder to put on my SD Card?

Sorry if this has already been ask before, i couldn't find any threads of it.

Thanks

I think there are apps that will backup your contacts to the SD card, but I don't think you can store them and access them from the SD card.

HTC Sync runs on the Windows desktop and allows you to sync, via cable, your contacts and calendar with Outlook. Sync'd items here are not then sync'd to Google (calendar entries are kept in a different calendar on the device, and contacts are stored as "phone" contacts and not "Google" contacts).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones