1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

can i sync my macbooks iCal with a mytouch 4G?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ThisIsTiffy, Feb 10, 2011.

1. ThisIsTiffy

ThisIsTiffy Guest

i'm thinking of getting the mytouch 4G and am wondering if it's possible to sync it with my macbook for things like iCal and Address Book.

(i have never used an android phone before, only blackberry smartphones, so please excuse me if this is a dumb question)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. kennethpm

kennethpm Newbie

you can sync your mac calendar (iCal) with gmail calendar (you must have a gmail mail account). in iCal, click on 'iCal', 'Preferences', Account Info tab, then you add a CalDAV account syncing with your gmail email.
    all entries you make on your iCal that are entered in the same color as your gmail CalDAV account, will sync to gmail's calendar.
    Unfortunately, there is no way to sync your address book to Gmail. You'll have to export your Apple Address Book contacts to a vCard backup, then import them into your gmail account. It's a little tricky but it works. Unfortunately, you then have to export every individual update/new contact from your Apple Address book, and then import it into your gmail contacts.

ThisIsTiffy likes this.
  3. itizme

itizme Lurker

I just got the Mytouch. Address book is super simple. In Address Book preferences, under Account Information, there's an option to sync with Google. Easily done. Problem with ical is that you can only sync the Google Calendar to iCal... you can't sync already existing iCal calendars to Google.. as far as I can tell. So if anybody has a solution to that, I'd love to know. Thanks!

4. Anges

Anges Member

If you want to go direct without using Google, get the app SyncMate, and the application for your mac ($35) you can do your address book, calendar, itunes, bookmarks and more.