• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can I take 16:9 photos on Android?

You could just crop your photos ;)

I think that probably is the reason: doing that would involve removing pixels from the image captured by the sensor - I guess that already happens as the sensor's probably round - and those very few people who want a still in that format can crop it themselves.

I'm guessing there's not too much demand for stills that won't fit nicely in standard photo frames. Maybe that will change over time.

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0
Actually you can. However it would mean reducing the maximum resolution. Just go to camera>gear icon>choose any resolution that says WM. That's going to follow the screen aspect ratio.

Maybe it's going to follow a smartphone screen aspect ratio, but still it's not *exactly* 16:9. Ok, it's wide and much better to be displayed on a TV but still there will be some bars on top and bottom.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones