• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can I try out Launcher Pro then get rid of it if I don't like it?

Ni Dieu Ni Maitre

Aug 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Or any of the launcher apps, for that matter. I want to try out some of these launcher apps that everyone keeps talking about.

Can I install it, try it out for a while, then uninstall it and go back to my original settings? Or will I have to set up my home screens and such all over again if I install launcher pro?

Sorry, I'm unfamiliar with these things. So far I've rather enjoyed Moto's widgets. Do other launcher apps have widgets like those pre-installed by Moto?

Using a Droid X you'll need to download Home Switcher from the Market. With that you can switch from the stock launcher and LP. Hint: Removing your icons and widgets from the stock launcher before switching to LP will help with lag/speed issues. To answer your question: yes.
I just looked up Home Switcher in the market and it says that Froyo "is not supported due to the API change"

:(

Upvote 0
I just looked up Home Switcher in the market and it says that Froyo "is not supported due to the API change"

:(

Works fine on mine. Running 2.2 OTA

Home switcher works just fine even though it says it does not... You don't need home switcher unless you want to change back and forth between stock and LP (both installed)...

If you don't like LP just delete it and you will be back to stock

LP wouldn't load for me unless I used Home Switcher to enable it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones