• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can I turn the Desire into a wireless adapter?

i had to use cd\program files (x86)\android....
and if you look in the tools directory you get this...

The adb tool has moved to platform-tools/

If you don't see this directory in your SDK,
launch the SDK and AVD Manager (execute the android tool)
and install "Android SDK Platform-tools"

Please also update your PATH environment variable to
include the platform-tools/ directory, so you can
execute adb from any location.

I'm actually learning linux to make solid apps for this... im thinking this would be the third project, tho unofficial project as i think the phone companies would hate to realize that their phone is now a no-rules type tool... and would sue or something.

Upvote 0
sorry to do a double post but, if your going to try advanced settings with any device and networking, please do research first. then ask. per their instructions i was capable of getting "adb server is out of date. killing... * daemon server started sucessfully * error: device not found" in about 3 minutes by searching windows for "android adb"

the ./ is not needed ./ says root of folder (im guessing it is needed for linux to say "in this folder" like ../ would mean rooted one folder down) tho windows no longer uses those commands post xp ...

to break it down to learn..
adb= the program to run
shell= run shell command
netcfg= shell command to run
usb0= device intended to run the commands on (it may not be usb0 check your device settings usb4 would be what i used as windows holds devices for quick plugin use)
dhcp= enable dhcp services (needed to say hey, I want an ip address) I have set up my own dhcp server on my server-r2 so setup would be a bit more difficult if you had allow-deny settings, but chances are you are just on a basic wireless router.

the only thing i know about linux was from toying with backtrack5 but the commands are close to windows... so if you can manage the rooted prompt on your phone, your almost capable of doing anything with it with linux programs... search through all the linux goodies! you may find something that is a quick fix, since their users are alot more free-spirited-geek than windows ppl (i love ya'll penguins!)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones