• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can i turn up the in call volume any more?

Iowabucks

Apr 20, 2012
SE Iowa
Is there a way to make the in call volume louder? I was driving in my car the other day (with the windows up), and i could barely hear the person i was talking to. And thats even trying to get the tiny speakerhole centered in my ear.

The volume buttons on the side were turned up all the way. In settings/sound/volume, the media volume is turned all the way up. But it's just not loud enough for my bad ears.

I tried speakerphone once and i was told there was a ton of feedback from his voice. Couldn't hear any feedback on my end.

My Samsung Intercept was plenty loud enough. Never had an issue with it.

Is there anything i can do to turn the volume up any more?

I am running CM7 if that makes any difference.

Is there a way to make the in call volume louder? I was driving in my car the other day (with the windows up), and i could barely hear the person i was talking to. And thats even trying to get the tiny speakerhole centered in my ear.

The volume buttons on the side were turned up all the way. In settings/sound/volume, the media volume is turned all the way up. But it's just not loud enough for my bad ears.

I tried speakerphone once and i was told there was a ton of feedback from his voice. Couldn't hear any feedback on my end.

Settings > CyanogenMod settings > Sound
Look in there somewhere. I'm sure you could Google it and there's an app for it too.

Upvote 0
I don't see any adjustments in that folder. I'll have to keep looking.

It it media volume that needs adjusted? All i see for adjustments are Media volume, ringer volume, and notification volume.

All the apps i find are to make adjustments in volume easier. I don't really see any that are anything like a booster. Guess i'll have to keep looking there too.

Some of the threads i found in a google search didn't really have an answer. Hope it's not something i'll have to live with. I tried speakerphone once after the new ROM. Thye told me there was tons of feedback that they could hear, so thats not really an option.

Upvote 0

When in a call, try hitting the volume down button then turning it back up. I've found that helps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones