1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Can I update phone without using usb?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Chris T, Aug 9, 2012.

1. Chris T

Chris T Newbie

My husbands phone got really messed up somehow. I was going to update the odin w/root and cwm, but discovered that his usb isn't recognized by the computer anymore. I tried several different things, all to no avail. Just to check, I connected mine and it worked perfectly.

Can the odin be updated via sd card or is there another work around that I can do.

I do have everything working on his phone now and it's basically back to stock and rooted with cwm running on fa19 - told him to stop downloading things that might not be good for his phone. But I'm still not sure what happened. I'm guessing hardware failure, but it could possible have been malware of some sort too I suppose. still no working usb connection though. although it will still charge via usb and it knows it's connected to the computer when I plug it in because it will ask me if i want storage or charging, it's just the computer that doesn't recognize it and says it's not working properly.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Lordvincent 90

Lordvincent 90 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

No USB, no Odin.

BUT it could be much easier than you think... :)
    -plug his phone in to the computer
    -press the windows key
    -type device manager
    -search for an entry called 'unknown device'
    -right click it
    -select properties
    -select drivers tab
    -select update drivers
    -choose the option to browse for the drivers and point it to the location of the drivers
    (if you don't know the location, you can try the option to let windows search)

Or, uninstall the drivers, and reinstall them...

Just because one phone works and another doesn't, it doesn't necessarily mean you're screwed...

Chris T likes this.
  3. Chris T

Chris T Newbie

Thank you! I will try it when he gets home. Hopefully that will resolve issue.

4. Chris T

Chris T Newbie

It didn't work and now I've made it way worse :(

5. Lordvincent 90

Lordvincent 90 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

Samsung Galaxy Prevail Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Prevail release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 2MP camera, GB RAM, MSM7627-3 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews