• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can I use a MetroPCS Huawei Ascend with Sprint?

valenkim

Lurker
Jan 10, 2012
My bf's dropped his phone and it no longer works. He isnt eligible for an upgrade with Sprint until next month. I have a MetroPCS Huawei Ascend phone (which is an android phone) that I am no longer using.

Is there a way he can use my Metro Huawei Ascend on the Sprint network? And if so, what steps do I need to follow?

Any help is greatly appreciated. :)

Kimberly

No, you can only use a Sprint branded phone on the Sprint network. The Sprint phone needs to have a clean ESN (meaning it was never reported stolen, locked to someone's account because of none-payment, etc).

Your boyfriend's best bet is to reactivate a prior Sprint phone, or to buy a cheap one off Craigslist or eBay. But he needs to make sure to activate it on his account first before he pays for it, to ensure it has a clean ESN.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones